Saturday, May 16, 2015

Review: The Beauty Series by Georgia Cates

This is one of those series that walk the borderline between teen and adult...or, maybe one that has already crossed this imaginary line...but...I heard it was good, so I gave it a shot...


Beauty From Pain by Georgia CatesBeauty From Pain (Beauty, #1)
Read: February 27-April 30, 2015
Rating: 4 out of 5 stars

Ah. This book was so good. Once I started it, there was no point in stopping to finish my other work, because I couldn't take my mind off the story. I was constantly thinking about the characters and couldn't focus on anything at all.

WHAT I LIKED: this is a new genre for me, and I loved reading about how their relationship progressed from one that was built on lies to one where they truly cared about one another. I also loved how well the characters were developed, especially the main ones. I really enjoyed reading about all of Lauren's talents. I really admire her aptitude for music, although it put my piano skills to shame. :)

WHAT I DISLIKED: there wasn't anything I disliked too much, but I do wish that the ending didn't end the way it did. Yeah, I know, that was pretty vague, but I don't know what else to say.
I'm definitely reading the next one.
___________________________________________________________________________________


Beauty from Surrender by Georgia Cates
Beauty from Surrender (Beauty, #2)       
Read: May 10-16, 2015
Rating: 3 out of 5 stars

I feel like this one didn't have as much excitement as the previous one, which was kinda disappointing but I still liked this one quite a lot.






____________________________________________________________________________________

Beauty from Love (Beauty, #3)
Beauty from Love (Beauty #3)
Read: July 1-Aug 31, 2015
Rating: 3 out of 5 stars

Quite good.  I actually didn't realize there was a third book...until now...
I'm usually hesitant when it comes to life after marriage because experience from reading other series proves that it can be boring.  So I was wary when I started reading this one.  But altogether not too bad, it gave me a nice snippet into their lives with their children.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Woo! Thanks for your comment!

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com