Tuesday, July 7, 2015

Review: Fifty Shades of Grey (Fifty Shades #1) by E.L. James

Fifty Shades of Grey (Fifty Shades, #1)
Read: May 29-June 21, 2015
Rating: 4 out of 5 stars
# of Pages: 514
Genre: Romance

Okokokokokokokokokokokokokokokok!  Before you all start berating and chastising me for reading this 18+ book, let me explain myself.

OK.  So. You've probably all heard about this infamous book, and how it's so adult, and not intended for people under the ages of 18, but come on!  When someone tells you specifically NOT to open the box, or in this case, NOT to read a book, what do you do?  You read it!  It's understandable that people like to d forbidden things, right?  No?  Okay, on to my next "reason"...

Everyone was talking about this (hyperbole).  I was hearing
Anna and Christian, and dominant and bondage and all that stuff, and I had no idea what they were talking about.  They were either saying, "this is such an eye opener! I loved it!", or, "this book is garbage!  This book should be banned and whatnot"  So, naturally, being the curious girl I am, I wanted to read this book, and find out for myself.  Is this book as good or as bad as people say it is?  Is this really worth reading?  I wanted to read the book, and form my opinion, and shut out all the comments I've been hearing once and for all.

Is that enough to satisfy your (most likely) judgemental thoughts towards me?  If yes, good.  If no, too bad.  Deal with it. 

Alright on with the review...

I feel like I'm the last person who hasn't read this book, so here I am: I finally read it...
I first put this book on my TBR list because people were making such a big deal about it, so I thought I'd read it and find out for myself, how "bad" it really is.

WHAT I LIKED...

When I started this book, I had the expectation that it would be all about sex and everything else that goes with it, but I was wrong. I thought the story had a nice plot with good characters that developed interesting personalities.

I was shocked that for this genre, the male part of the body was never named. Ok, well, it mentioned "length" but it never used crude words...like well, you know what I mean...

WHAT I DISLIKED...

Surprisingly, I can't really think of anything I didn't like. This book isn't perfect, but I feel like it was missing something...something I can't exactly put my finger on.

All in all, I'm quite disappointed. My impression for this book was that it was one of the hottest and sexiest books I will ever read...maybe I'm just jaded, or maybe my expectations were too high. I AM looking forward to the next one though, I heard it's so much better. It better not disappoint again.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Woo! Thanks for your comment!

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com