Monday, October 26, 2015

For the First Time in Foreveeeeeeeeer, I Visisted the Orpheum Theatre...

Hey peoples!  Guess what I recently did on October 18th, 2015?!  I went to the Orpheum Theatre!  That is, I went to see my very first live performance of a...okay, wait, let me see if I get this right...symphony performed by an orchestra? 

Argh, I've always gotten the words symphony and orchestra mixed up...but if my googling skills have done their magic...a symphony is a musical composition played by an orchestra...I think I got that right, right?  Somebody correct me if I'm wrong...

EEK, I've really got to stop procrastinating, but in my defence, I was trying to think up the right words to properly and accurately describe the marvelous experience I had.  Yep, really.  I needed a whole week and a day to translate all my thoughts to words.  Pfft...psh...*other ridiculous sounds* yeah...as if anyone believes that...  

OKAY.  MOVING ON.

I have news to share...well duh....okay, moving on.  Again.

Do you want to hear the good news first or the bad?

Good?  Okay.  People who voted for bad, you should scream louder, because I couldn't hear you...you know, just for future reference...aaaaanyways...

HERE'S THE GOOD NEWS!

Well, besides the obvious of me attending a live performance of a...a...symphony...no.  Orchestra...um...yes, uh...besides "insert correct term here", the tickets were actually complimentary!  FREE!  Truth be told, I'm a bit of a frugal person, okay?  I try not to spend money unless absolutely necessary, so you can imagine how thrilled I was to receive these tickets free of charge.

Second piece of good news...is the generous benefactor of those tickets...or rather, the awesome GUY (can you guess who he is?  Can you?  Can you?  Here's a hint...read this: My Most Memorable Summer in the History of Memorable Summers.... (part 2: August) Well?!  Did you get it?  Yes?  No?  Well, if your answer is "no", I'll be kind and put it here: guy#8!) who I happen to be lucky enough to know gave me the link, and a top secret code word...but anyways...

Third piece of good news...the music was marvellously splendid!  No, I'm not using a hyperbole, it really was every bit as marvellously splendid as I previously mentioned....  Oh, stop looking at me like that. 

Anyways.  The music was great, and it made me think of other stuff...here, I'll make a list for you...Oh!  Also, I feel the need to mention that all the while I was thinking this stuff, I was still enjoying the music...don't want you thinking I'm daydreaming about fluffy girl stuff when there's a performance going on...ANYWAYS, ON TO THE LIST!
  • poem-yes, listening to the music allowed me to compose a poem.  Surprised?  Well, you shouldn't be, because the music was that inspiring.  What's that you say?  You want to read  my poem?  Well, hmm, let me think about that...

  • piano-I guess I shouldn't say too much about this since I'm planning a much larger post for this later on...if I happen to forget, someone remind me, if you care enough to do so...anyways...piano.  Yep, listening to the music made me think of how I used to take piano lessons, actually, I just stopped this September, and I'm not sure if I'm going to regret it or not...although I am leaning toward regret...

  • regret-read above

  • family-my family, minus dad, was with me...meaning, they were all going to see this guy whom I talk about so frequently...oops, did I just say that?  Um...well, my dad was going to come with us, but...uh...familial problems and issues happened...

  • Guy-well, if you still haven't figured it out, I suppose there's no point hiding it now, it's guy...#8!  So, seeing as how we haven't conversed face to face since the beginning of time, I was...excited...and nervous...and incredibly anxious...did I mention nervous? Because there was a lot of that, too.  It would be the first time we saw each other since the beginning of time!  This was going to be a grand event, in my opinion, anyways.  Guy #8 has graciously provided my family with tickets because he, himself was performing!  Woo!  And...wow, I just noticed that there was a whole lotta other things I was going to mention, but it's much too...uh...yeah, it's not appropriate, even for a diary-like blog such as this...
All right, I think I'm done with the positives, onto the negatives!

HERE'S THE NOT SO GOOD NEWS!

Well, uh...hold on...allow me to compose myself for a minute...

 
 

  



Ok, I think I'm good now, so allow me to explain my...emotions.

Well, first off, I think you will have noticed, based on the GIFs, that I panicked, a lot.  And cried.  Okay, I didn't actually cry, but...well...um...MOVING ON.

I was excited ok?  And nervous, because of the aforementioned reasons, and I worked myself up to not being as awkward as humanly possible when the time finally came...only to be...uh...disappointed at the end.  The time never came...

To make it worse, my dear family (mom and sister) had to plant ridiculous thoughts in my head, that my insecurities were all too eager to eat up...oh you know, the usual, you must be soooo disappointed, but he probably didn't want to meet you anyways, he's probably trying too avoid you....

...and everything that they didn't mention was also enthusiastically filled in with even worse thoughts by my mind.  Thanks, Brain, for providing my mind with so many thoughts.  I really needed that...

Suffice to say, there was a lot of running around, panicking, confusion, and more panicking on my part.


And I suppose if I had to chose one GIF to sum this up...

 
But hey, I'm trying not to complain too much here, okay?  All in all, the music was definitely enjoyable, maybe even mesmerizing, but maybe that's taking it too far perhaps?  I thoroughly adored this experience, and can't wait to experience it again, although to be frank, I'm not sure I can see this happening in the near future.  I was lucky enough to have been given tickets free of charge this time, but I know not to expect being so lucky all the time...sigh...oh wells...

Hey, Guy #8, if you're reading this, thanks again for the tickets!  Much appreciated!  And...yeah, now you know of all that was flitting about in my head....uh oh...

QUESTION TIME...have you ever been gravely disappointed at something you were expecting great things from?  Or have you ever seen a live orchestra perform a symphony right in front of your very eyes?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Woo! Thanks for your comment!

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com