Thursday, October 1, 2015

My Very Un-Birthday-Like Birthday

I really need to get my posts in order asap...

If you thought that I would hide this post way down below all my other posts, and decided to scroll down because of it, good for you, wise one.

Anyhoo, this will be a relatively short post since, like I mentioned up above, it wasn't very birthday-like, therefore, nothing much to report...anyways, on with the post.

On September 29, 1999, I was flung into the universe, and as of September 29, 2015, I was officially sixteen years of age.  Crazy, right?

Much to my dismay, turning sixteen wasn't all as exciting as I thought it would be.  All we did was go to my grandma's house and cut this fruit cake my mom bought at T&T.  No big deal.

 
Unless you count the very sad fact that my parents were having their "issues", so my dad was too upset/indifferent to come and celebrate my birthday with me.  I suppose I will remember this betrayal for all of eternity, or for the next few weeks at least.  The evidence would be in the multitude of pictures that were taken.  Not a single one had my dad in it.  Unless he was there in spirit or something, which would be freaky.

I didn't get many presents either. 

Sad, eh?

My parents still owe me my last year's Christmas present, but I haven't really decided what it is that I want yet, so I guess I'll be adding another present onto the list.  I think I'll save it for something bigger, no?

I always thought that turning sixteen would be like an unveiling, where you would suddenly be aware of the world around you, and see everything in a different light.  I was wrong. 

Oh wells, I'm too lazy to bother inserting a picture prompt asking for your comments, so I'll just type it out...

"How was your last birthday like?  Any excitement?  How was your sixteenth birthday, if you've turned sixteen already?"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Woo! Thanks for your comment!

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com