Tuesday, August 15, 2017

SUMMER SCHOOL

I'm FREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

Summer school is finally over!  And I can go enjoy my summer like all the other grade 12's!

Wooooooo!

*FREE!  I am FREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

*I actually, am not free, I cost a lot, and someone has already bought me, so buying me is completely out of the question.

So!  I'm going to complain lots now.  And we begin!



Grade 12 students aren't really allowed to take summer school since they would have already graduated, but after doing some delayed research on courses I needed to take in university, I discovered that taking Physics 12 before university would be a good idea!  As a science student, my schedule will be busy enough!

So.  First day of school.  My mom drove me aaaaaall the way to the end of the continent...to Churchill.  It was the afternoon class because mornings and I are ENEMIES.

But, since my sister and brother have summer school as well...my mom would be rushing around trying to pick up and drop off, so......she decided to switch me to the MORNING Physics 12 class as Van Tech.

Firstly, MORNINGS!  I HATE MORNINGS!  And the class is at 8!  That's even earlier than regular school!

Secondly, I hate missing the first day of classes.

But, of course, I didn't really have a choice.  If I wanted my mom to drive me, I had to follow her rules.  Also, public transit and I...don't really know each other all that well.  Might be my fault though.

So.  First day of school.  I was too nervous to sleep, so I woke up at 6:30 and rolled around in my bed until it was time to go.  I wasn't allowed to register online, or by phone, so I had to get there earlier to check if they had any spots left.  They did!  Yaaay.....

Found my class, and what do you know...!  There was a quiz that day.  I took it..and got 100%!  Whoa, goooo me!  I was surprised, and very proud of myself....although....it was just Physics 11 review.  But!  Considering I took Physics 11 LAST summer, I still feel mildly proud of myself.

Of course there was confusion at first.  This teacher had a blog apparently....and there was this schoology account thing I had to set up...find some password from some blog I didn't know the link to.  I was VERY confused.  One of the reasons why I hate missing the first day of classes is precisely because of this!  It seems that everything happens on the first day, and I feel like I've missed a lot!  Also, because I wanted to get a front row seat.  I always do.  It used to be because I didn't want to use my glasses, but now....well, it's a habit?  I'm not sure, exactly.  But even with my glasses, you usually see things better at the front?  Yeah?

So.  I found a seat in the second row...two seats from the centre.  And what do you know, the two girls sitting next to me were both from my high school!  Both in grade 11, too.  I confess I did kinda feel alone sitting right next to them....and overhearing their hilarious conversations with each other and their friends behind them.  Very entertaining.  Although....I also like to my solitude, too, so......

*shrugs*

Anyways.

You'll never guess who sat in front of me!

TWO EXTREMELY TALL GUYS.

I kid you not, they were the two tallest boys in class, and no, they do not slouch.  Meaning?  I can't see over their heads!  GRR!

The teacher used a projector quite often, so I needed to look to the front of the room quite often.  And stuff to the right?  Guy's head.  Stuff to the left?  Other guy's head.  Stuff in the middle?  A freaking computer.  GRRRRRRRR!

So, my notes were....GRRRR!

So hard to take notes when all you can see is the top part of the screen, y'know?

Suffice to say, I had very good posture in class.

Let's see...what else do I want to complain about?

Don't you just hate it when multiple choice questions give you wrong answers that most students would get wrong?!  Like, why can't they be as obvious as....

What is velocity?

  1. a water bottle
  2. a pillow
  3. a car
  4. something to do with distance divided by time
Life would be so much easier.

Hmm...I think it's already a given, but summer school teaches things....so quickly!  And especially with subjects like this, the most important thing I need is TIME.  Time for everything to absorb...for it to ferment...for it to rot.  Hmm?  What?  Did I just say rot?  I meant sink in.  Yeah...sink...............in.

I had four tests in a week.  And one of them was a midterm.  Speaking of a midterm.  I didn't do too well on mine.  Or rather, I thought I did okay, but turns out....I did pretty badly.  But it also turns out....a bunch of people did pretty badly, too.  So...I guess that makes me feel a little bit better?  Still sucks though.

I confess, I didn't do all that well on my tests...it really just went down after the first quiz.  And...especially for a girl who's used to studying and getting fairly good marks and straight A's in school, getting B's....wasn't the best feeling in the world.  I don't know....maybe it was just me....but I felt like I did try really, really hard, y'know?  I did ALL the homework questions...I tried to understand them all.  And when I didn't, I'd look at the answers and try to understand how they got that answer.  And yet....somehow...I still wasn't doing too well on the tests...my mom even got me a tutor, and we spent several hours going over stuff.....but still...nothing.  It's like chemistry all over again....I felt so stupid.....and hopeless...because nothing was helping, and my mom was wasting precious money on a tutor.

Another thing....I did SO much physics, when I come back home and my mom forces me to nap, I CAN'T.  I try, I TRY, SO HARD, but y'know why I can't?!  Do you wanna know?!  

PHYSICS.

I do all the regular things people do when they sleep...mind drifts off...body relaxes...eyes start to drift close...all that good stuff.  But you know what part I have trouble with?  The mind drifting off part.  I cannot tell you how many times I've tried to sleep and find myself a couple hours later still lying in bed, very much awake because I'm unconsciously trying to solve an unsolvable physics problem.  I think I always have some missing numbers?  I'm not sure....
*side note: physics also keeps me from sleeping at night, ugh.

Well, at least...in the midst of all this....PHYSICS, I got to meet with Gilf every now and then...!  Of course, my class was early, and he lived so far away, so we didn't get to meet during my breaks...but we still got to meet after!  Our main reason for meeting was for tutoring...because, gosh, GILF IS GOOOOOOD, he is SO GOOD.  And by good I mean smart.  And by smart, I mean he's a genius.  So, yes, meetings with him were nice.  Wish we could have met more often though....

Well, I have tons more to complain about, but I think this post has enough words, don't you think?  

So, in case you're wondering, my average turned out to be a B.  That's all I'll say.





Well, someone's summer has got to be better than how mine's going, right?  Share?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Woo! Thanks for your comment!

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com